QuickTake videos produced by Bloomberg, one of the most respected names in the news business, are available in Issues & Controversies.
Accessing Bloomberg QuickTake Videos:
- A full list of the Bloomberg QuickTake videos can be accessed by clicking the QuickTake Videos link, found under the Featured Resources section on the homepage and in the hamburger menu at the top of each page.
- Bloomberg QuickTake videos are accessible through basic and advanced search. On the search results page, click on the Media tab and filter by QuickTake Videos.
- Bloomberg QuickTake videos are also available from some article pages. If available, the videos appear on the Media tab.
Viewing Bloomberg QuickTake Videos:
- Users can watch the entire video by clicking play on the video player.
- The interactive transcripts indicate the current point in the transcript by highlighting the portion of the text in blue, and will progress in real time. To jump to a different section of the video, simply click on a word within the transcript and the video will jump to that point.
- It is also possible to search for specific terms within the transcript using the Search the Video feature. Enter a keyword and click the magnify glass or press enter. The keyword will be highlighted in the transcript. Results will also be indicated by black dots below the search box. Click on the black dot to be taken to that point in the transcript, and the video will advance as well.
- Users can also navigate using the preview scrubber. Hovering over the preview scrubber, located directly beneath the video, displays a series of preview stills, allowing users to locate specific points in a video. Clicking on the scrubber will cause the video to jump directly to that point.
- Additional player controls (play/pause, volume, closed-captioning, playback speed, quality settings, full screen and casting) are located beneath the player window.
- Videos cannot be downloaded, but transcripts can be downloaded as PDFs by clicking the Download Transcript button located to the right of the Search the Video feature.