More than 150 full-length debate videos are available in Issues & Controversies.
Accessing Debate Videos:
- A full list of debate videos, grouped by subject, can be accessed by clicking the Debate Videos link, found under the Featured Resources section on the homepage and in the hamburger menu at the top of each page.
- Debate videos are also available in basic and advanced search. On the search results page, click on the Media tab and filter by Debate Videos.
- Debate videos are also available from article pages. If available, the links appear on the Media tab.
Viewing Debate Videos:
- Users can watch the entire debate by clicking play on the video player.
- Viewers can also navigate to specific points in the debate using the predefined segments, the searchable interactive transcript that displays next to the player.
- To access specific segments, click the "Segments" link, found to the right of the player. A list of segments will appear, allowing the user to skip to any segment and push play.
- The interactive transcripts indicate the current point in the transcript by highlighting the portion of the text in blue, and will progress in real time. To jump to a different section of the video, simply click on a word within the transcript and the video will jump to that point.
- It is also possible to search for specific terms within the transcript using the Search the Video feature. Enter a keyword and click the magnify glass or press enter. The keyword will be highlighted in the transcript. Results will also be indicated by black dots below the search box. Click on the black dot to be taken to that point in the transcript, and the video will advance as well.
- Users can also navigate using the preview scrubber. Hovering over the preview scrubber, located directly beneath the video, displays a series of preview stills, allowing users to locate specific points in a video. Clicking on the scrubber will cause the video to jump directly to that point.
- Additional player controls (play/pause, volume, closed-captioning, playback speed, quality settings, full screen and casting) are located beneath the player window.
- Videos cannot be downloaded , but transcripts can be downloaded as PDFs by clicking the Download Transcript button located to the right of the Search the Video feature.