Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from Issues & Controversies directly in their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Issues & Controversies Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between Issues & Controversies and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed Issues & Controversies resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Issues & Controversies.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Issues & Controversies records directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the Issues & Controversies Canvas Plugin
Once the app is installed, Issues & Controversies resources may be embedded using the Issues & Controversies button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this icon.
- Click on the Issues & Controversies icon button in the editor menu to launch the Issues & Controversies application.
After you click on this button, the embed content window will appear with the Issues & Controversies search box.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Pagination- Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
- Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
- You will be returned to the editor and your content will appear as a gray box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom to publish this resource.
The embedded record will then be visible.