Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from Issues & Controversies directly into their courses. For more information, please refer to the Issues & Controversies Canvas External App Overview article.
The new app provides rich integration between Issues & Controversies and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas will now be able to embed Issues & Controversies resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
Prerequisites for Installing the Canvas External App:
- You must have your own instance of Canvas.
- You must have an active Issues & Controversies subscription.
- Your LTI Access Key and Secret can be obtained from Issues & Controversies support.
External App Installation:
- Login to your Canvas instance as an administrator with access to install and configure apps.
- Select your course and then select the Settings menu. The app can be added to individual courses, or to all courses in an account. Once configured, you can link to them through course modules and create assignments for assessment tools.
- From Settings, select the Apps tab at the top.
- On the Apps tab, enter, "Issues & Controversies" in the Filter by Name search box.
- Click on the Issues & Controversies logo.
- You will go to an app information page. Click the Add App button.
- A pop-out window will appear. Enter the "Consumer Key" and "Shared Secret" you obtained from support, then click Add App.
You will now see the Issues & Controversies icon in the Canvas editor.